Parents without sight face all the same challenges as other parents, in addition to some unique challenges. While a blind parent may be able to feel that their child has a fever, it takes a special thermometer to give them an exact reading. Luckily, there are many thermometers on the market that fill this need. I have reviewed a couple below:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase an item or service through any of my links, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Dr. Madre Talking Thermometer– The Best Overall Talking Thermometer for your baby
Dr. Madre gives you an accurate reading without the need for your child to stay put, stop playtime, or even disrupt his or her sleep at 2 or 3 AM.
Dr. Madre instant thermometer was designed to provide you results in just 1 second. One second reading time outshines other brands.
The Dr. Madre digital talking thermometer delivers quick results in two ways. You can opt to read the digital display on the LCD screen or have it read to you via the talking function. It is even bilingual.
The Dr. Madre non contact forehead thermometer doesn’t just get readings fast; it also saves them for easy recall. Store up to 12 results, enough for 2 days of fever monitoring with a 4-hour interval.
- GET INSTANT RESULTS IN LESS THAN 1 SECOND – The Dr. Madre non contact infrared thermometer has a quick scan feature that allows you to read kids temperature in the most accurate and consistent way, as it is touch-free. It even has a separate function for measuring room temperature.
- CARE FOR YOUR CHILDREN PAINLESSLY WITH THE TOUCHLESS INFRARED BEST BABY THERMOMETER LASER – Accurately monitor your child’s fever as often as you like. Whether it is a sleeping newborn, or a child who can’t stay still very long, or a sick adult, You need a quick and accurate way to monitor temperature without interrupting normal activity. The non contact instant scan feature gives you peace of mind without ever touching the body. You can retrieve the last 12 readings to track history.
- HEAR YOUR RESULTS INSTANTLY IN ENGLISH OR SPANISH, OR USE SILENT MODE – Yes, this is a talking thermometer! It will talk to you in English or Spanish. This is an important tool for parents with poor vision or without sight to have at their disposal.
- EASY TO OPERATE AND CHANGE FEATURES WITH CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH – Laminated instructions with native language writers in English and Spanish make these instructions clear on how to operate your Dr. Madre thermometer to its’ fullest capacity. Whether you want your readings in Celsius or Fahrenheit, English or Spanish, simply turn on the power button and press SCAN 2 to 4 inches from the skin surface for less than a second, and you will have your temperature once it beeps.
- TWO YEAR MANUFACTURER REPLACEMENT WARRANTY AND 30 DAY HASSLE FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Also includes are hard plastic case.
This talking thermometer can be used orally, axillary, or rectally. Rectal temperatures are the gold standard in infant care. When you have a little on under 12 weeks old a rectal temperature with a digital thermometer is the best choice. It is also a safe method when done correctly.
The talking digital thermometer has many great features:
- Automatically announces measured temperature
- Answers in a clear, pleasant voice
- Recalls last measured temperature
- Included batteries and protective cover
- Flexible probe for comfortable oral temperatures
- Fahrenheit and Celsius
One downside of the talking digital thermometer is that it takes 60 second for a result. 60 seconds is great for adult users, but for children and infants, it can feel like a lifetime. For this reason, I really prefer the Dr. Madre Talking Thermometer once your child is older than 12 weeks.